Lakeside Kids is the place to be on Sunday mornings for children up to Grade 5. It is our mission to help kids see Jesus for who He is, and to see themselves the way God does so they can love others the way He does. In order to accomplish this mission we use a program called “Orange” which helps further a God centered connection between our church, kids and their families. Through this relationship, we aim to “incite wonder in the heart of the preschooler” and “provoke discovery in the heart of a child” (orangeblogs.org).
We offer two Orange-based programs, which cater to varied age groups. Through fun activities, crafts and worship, our First Look (Infant- SK at Lakeside Central, and Age 2-SK at Lakeside Downtown) program aims to help children believe three key things by the time they are five years old:
- God made me.
- God loves me.
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Our 252 Basics (Grades 1-5) program aims for children to have experienced and own three basic truths modeled by Jesus in Luke 2:52:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Your child will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting and educational atmosphere, so they can experience God’s love for them.
If you have any questions or want more information about Lakeside Kids, please contact Kim Wheeler
If you’re new to Lakeside (or have a new child you’d like to add to your family), please click here to fill out our registration form (this enables you to securely check- your child(ren) in on Sunday morning quickly and easily).
Lakeside Child Care Centre
- We are devoted to the overall well-being of children by teaching Biblical principles and modeling the love of Jesus Christ.
- We are committed to providing high quality care to all children, with the guidance of qualified and passionate educators.
- We aim to provide an environment where children can be engaged and inspired through play experiences, and grow in their sense of curiosity and learning.
- We help children develop a positive self image, self-confidence and know that they are loved and valued.
Please see the Lakeside Child Care Centre website for more information.