What are you looking for?
It’s time to find it! Join a Small Group.
At Lakeside, genuine life change—spiritual growth—is one of our core values. We believe that as followers of Jesus, it is important that we continue to grow spiritually throughout our lifetime. We also believe that life change is best facilitated in small groups. Why? Simply, God created us to live in community. We were created to have a relationship with Him and with others. Genuine life change occurs within the context of relationships. We encourage everyone to move from sitting in rows on Sunday morning to joining a circle of friends in a small group.
If you are new to Lakeside, joining a small group is a great way to meet new people and get connected. A small group is a community of 12-20 people who gather weekly in an environment where they can make friends and encourage each other in their journey of faith.
Vision Statement of Lakeside Small Groups
To see every person in Lakeside Church and the surrounding community connected in a healthy small group.
Mission Statement of Lakeside Small Groups
A community helping each other experience and share authentic life in Jesus through healthy small groups, incorporating fellowship, discipleship, serving, outreach and worship.
Five Biblical Purposes of Small Groups at Lakeside Church
Based on the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) and Acts 2:42-47
- Fellowship – True fellowship connects members to each other and to Christ.
- Discipleship- Identifying your next spiritual step and helping others to identify theirs. Learning the Word of God and living out its truth in every aspect of our lives.
- Serving – Being engaged in serving and meeting the needs of people both within the small group and outside the small group.
- Outreach – We have a mission to introduce the world to Jesus, especially those in our circle of influence. Small Groups are a place to pray for the people in our lives who do not know Jesus as well as participate in global outreach.
- Worship – At the heart of worship is surrender. Transparency in small groups offers the perfect atmosphere for people to help each other live out being a living sacrifice.
In healthy small groups people help each other incorporate these five biblical purposes in their individual lives as well as in their group.
If you are new to Lakeside, joining a small group is a great way to meet new people and get connected. We encourage everyone to be a part of a small group.
We encourage everyone to be a part of a small group.
For more information about Small Groups at Lakeside or to register for one, please click here or contact Janet Collins at email@example.com or 519-836-8141 ext 231.
FIND A GROUP