Lakeside Church is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to ensure its facilities – both buildings and land – at 7654 Conservation Road and 75 Norfolk Street, are maintained in a state of good repair in order to facilitate all ministry activities and outside rental community users.
1. Building Systems:
- Manage and schedule HVAC operating systems to accommodate all facility users.
- Ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs of all facility mechanical, electrical and building systems as per maintenance schedule.
- Ensure completion of scheduled testing and maintenance of fire, security and emergency systems as well as water supply and waste systems.
- First responder to all security system calls.
- Schedule and oversee custodial staff.
- Maintain facilities in a state of excellence – mechanical systems working efficiently, facility clean and painted as necessary.
- Manage waste disposal, and recycling programs.
- Procure all custodial supplies, periodically evaluating lower cost alternatives.
3. Repairs and Maintenance:
- Ensure kitchen and bathroom areas are clean and fully operational at all times.
- Ensure completion of all repair and maintenance tasks, using own skills and abilities, volunteer labour, and donated materials whenever possible.
- Negotiate contracts with, and coordinate the work of external contractors on the facility.
- Maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and custodial supply areas in a neat, organized manner including all records, warranties, instruction manuals, and drawings.
4. Facility Management:
- Liaise with Facilities Coordinator on event schedule and coordinate set-up/tear-down as necessary.
- Oversee facility opening/closing procedures.
- Ensure emergency procedures and supplies are operational.
- Ability to understand, operate and manage all facility mechanical systems – HVAC, Fire Prevention, Alarm.
- Accreditation and experience in any of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry, Roofing, Small Drinking Water Systems a bonus.
- Valid Working at Heights certification (Skyjack).
- Ability to operate all power tools, including floor machines.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, and have own vehicle.
- Maintains a standard of excellence in facility maintenance.
- Meticulous record keeper with attention to detail, and proficiency with MS Office and other computer programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- A team player who interacts well with Lakeside staff and volunteers, including Building Advisory Team, Design Team, Landscaping Team, and Summer Interns.
- Must be able to work on Sundays.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- A sense of calling to full-time Christian ministry, and an ability to affirm the Lakeside vision and staff lifestyle covenant.
Reports to Senior Leader.
Salary commensurate with experience. Employee benefit plan available.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jeff Groenewald, email@example.com