Family Ministries Lead Intern
- Resumes accepted until Wednesday, April 24
- Position conditional on receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding
- Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be between 15-30 years of age.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
- Have a valid social insurance number and are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 30 hours per week for a total of 16 weeks at $14/hour
- Must be available Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings
- Temporary: May 6 – August 23, 2019
The Family Ministries Lead intern will report to and be mentored by the Lakeside Kids Director and the Pastor of Student Ministries. They will work alongside the Family Ministries Team to lead and develop programming for large and small groups. It will involve, teaching, leading teams, curriculum implementation, event planning and administration. The successful candidate must have a passion for the next generation and the local church.
- Teaching: Deliver talks to large and small groups of kids and youth based on curriculum material.
- Team Leadership: Lead volunteer teams in various programs and activities providing guidance and supervision.
- Collaboration: Work alongside other staff and interns in a team setting.
- Curriculum Implementation: Work with our kids and youth curriculum to create excellent Sunday morning programming. This will include various elements from interactive activities, to small groups, teaching and other creative elements.
- Event Planning: Develop and lead special events for kids and youth along with the Family Ministries team that promote community outreach.
- Administration: Work with Planning Center to assist in scheduling volunteers and with programming.
- Care: Provide pastoral care and leadership to students when needed, and under guidance of Family Ministry staff.
- Special Needs: Work with the Family Ministries staff to provide extra support for students and kids with special needs.
- Social Media: Provide support and monitoring of our social media profiles and platforms.