Lakeside Child Care Centre is looking for a full-time RECE for our Toddler program who can begin July 15 (or sooner). You must be willing to work a range of scheduled shifts between 7:15am-5:45pm, Monday to Friday (as well as the occasional night/weekend for staff meetings/training/professional development opportunities).
- ECE Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Registered member of the College of ECE
- Up-to-date CPR Level C/Standard First Aid certification
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Recent vulnerable sector screening (not to exceed six months) – or obtain one upon hire
- Flexible and willing to work any hours between 7:15 am-5:45 pm, Monday to Friday
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Early Years Act including Serious Occurrence Reporting process
- Strong working knowledge of Ontario’s Pedagogy for The Early Years, How Does Learning Happen?
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum
- Able to implement/follow daily schedule
- Meet the needs of all the children in each program
- Maintain a safe and sanitary classroom
- Develop and implement the programs to support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children
- Be relationship-focused with children, co-workers, families, and the larger childcare community
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits that contribute to children’s wellbeing
- Make daily learning observations of children’s discoveries
- Establish guidelines for behaviour guidance within LCCC’s Program Statement and Behaviour Guidance Policy
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Assess the abilities, interest and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents, staff, and community service providers
- Any additional tasks outlined by centre supervisor
Remuneration: $22.35/hour plus benefits (after probationary period)
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.