It’s Time for a Name Change
We’re changing our name.
Or more accurately, we’re changing one of our names.
For the past six years we’ve had two physical locations – Lakeside Central and Lakeside Downtown. At the time they were created, those names referred to our “main” location and our smaller, second location, but that’s never accurately represented how we think about ourselves.
We are ONE CHURCH with TWO LOCATIONS. Our goal isn’t just to “have church” but rather, to fulfill our vision of helping people discover and fully follow Jesus, and we’re thrilled that we have TWO distinct locations that accomplish that. So, to better reflect this vision, Lakeside Central will now be known as Lakeside North.
Here are five things you should know about this change:
- Location, Location, Location. As people get to know Lakeside Church, it makes sense to think in terms of familiar locations. Lakeside Central only means something to those of us who are already here.
- Future Possibilities. Can you imagine a world with a Lakeside South? Lakeside West? Lakeside East? Lakeside Fergus? No, there’s nothing in the works at the moment, but we don’t know where God will lead Lakeside in the future and we want to be ready for any possibility.
- What’s the Difference? At both of our locations you’ll see and hear a shared vision, similar worship identity, and shared preaching, but each location attracts a different crowd and that continues to capture our imagination. It’s too simplistic to say “a church in the suburbs” and “a church downtown,” but you get the idea. No matter which location you attend, you will be an important part of Lakeside Church.
- Logos! We’ll still keep the same circle logo as in the past, but instead of Lakeside Central in the circle, you’ll now begin to see Lakeside North in its place.
- Beyond the Walls. Our fifth core value refers to the fact that the future of the church lies outside our walls. During the pandemic we’ve realized our third site – Lakeside Online – is vital to who we are and what we do. It’s a big world out there filled with people who can hear the message of Jesus with just the click of a button. We want to be ready and available not only to our community but to the world as well.
Kathleen Elliott, Communications Coordinator