These questions are connected to the message, “Introducing Jesus” from April 11, 2021. You can find it here.
- Read the passage from two or three different translations. Are they much different?
- What word, phrase, or idea grabbed you either from the passage or the sermon this week?
- Do you feel that you have “investigated” the beliefs that have been handed down or taught to you, or have you received them unexamined?
- Does the idea of investigating truth or faith intimidate you? Why or why not?
- Have you experienced a time when you came into new understandings of your faith or scripture? How was that for you?
- Have you ever considered that you are an eyewitness to the work of Jesus now, in your life, in the lives of others, and in the world?
- In what ways have you experienced or encountered Jesus? Have you shared that with anyone? Why or why not?