These questions are connected to the message, “What have you given up on?” from April 18, 2021. You can find it here.
- Read or listen to this passage (Luke 1:5-25) in an unfamiliar translation of the Bible (e.g. New Living Translation or The Message). What stood out to you that you either never noticed before or you felt was speaking to you or that you’re challenged by?
- Have you found yourself in a position where the physical realities of life around you are so daunting that you forget the supernatural power of God? What can you dare to trust God for and pray into? Can you invite your group to stand with you in prayer and expectation?
- Have you ever felt like you had a “constructive time-out” — a time where God was asking you to wait? To listen? What was it like? What did you learn?
- What have you given up on — a situation, relationship, dream? Is it a giving up out of despair or because God has called you to something else?
- Have you ever been so full of church and yet empty of God? Have you found yourself so full of scripture knowledge and yet empty of encounter? If so, what ways have you found in the past that helped you encounter God (worship music, scripture, walks in nature, silent journaling)? Is it time to engage those practices again and actively seek the presence of God?
- Have you ever experienced a prophetic experience like Marc shared about his calling to Lakeside or something similar? Can you share that with the group? Do you sense that perhaps you might have that spiritual gifting?