These questions are connected to the message, “What’s up with Jesus and Demons,” from June 20, 2021. You can watch it here.
There is so much in this passage! Read or listen to this passage (Luke 4:31-44) in an unfamiliar translation of the Bible (e.g. New Living Translation or The Message). What did this passage teach you about who God is?
- What piqued your curiosity, challenged you, encouraged you, motivated you from the sermon?
- Have you ever felt, or been made to feel, that you are unworthy of God? That God could never look favourably on you or bless you? Where did that feeling come from?
- Have you before thought of the in-breaking of the Kingdom of God or of Jesus’ coming as warfare — as spiritual conflict? How does this impact the way you view the ills that plagued the world?
- What do you think makes the good news of the Kingdom of God so good?
- Has there been a time in your life where you’ve stepped out in faith, took a risk for God, or stood for what was right and it didn’t turn out all that well? What impact did that have on your faith?
Act on it:
- What might be ways or areas where you could work towards wholeness and re-creation in your circles of influence — your relationships, neighbourhood, work environment, etc.?
- This week, if you encounter discouragement or feel opposition in an area that you’re working to bring more in line with Jesus, try saying (out loud even), “Not today, Satan. Not today.”