These questions are connected to the message, “Calling out Thoughtless, Habitual Religion” from July 25, 2021. You can watch it here.
Dive In: This passage hits home for most of us. Read or listen to it (Luke 5:33-39) in an unfamiliar translation of the Bible (e.g. New Living Translation or The Message). What did this passage teach you about who God is?
- What piqued your curiosity, challenged you, encouraged you, motivated you from the sermon?
- Have you ever been hurt by Jesus-followers or the church? If you’re comfortable, share about it. Have you been able to move past it? How were you able to do that?
- Is there any Christian tradition that you perhaps habitually or thoughtlessly practice without engaging with the depth and meaning of it?
- What spiritual practices or traditions feed your soul or help you to encounter God?
- What are some things that we have become culturally involved or enmeshed in that actually derail the way of Jesus?