These questions are connected to the message, Heist Movies, Criminals, and Jesus’ Plan for Your Life, from Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023. Watch it here.
- Read this passage in an unfamiliar translation. How would you interpret it? What about the passage or sermon challenged you?
- Marc shared a couple of stories of people he’d like to thank in heaven one day who, by their small act, started the domino chain that would bring him to Jesus. Who are some people in your life who have, knowingly or not, impacted your faith journey?
- What are some of the creative ways you have seen money or resources or talents used to co-create with God that bring shalom and usher in ‘life as God intends it’ somewhere in your neighbourhood, nation, or around the globe?
- How did Marc’s description of sin compare with your understanding of sin? (Have you considered sin to be more about the things we do or the condition we’re in?) How does having a broader concept of ‘sin’ change how we view transformation and even salvation? (See Colossians 1:18-20; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19).
- What is your take-away from today’s passage?