These questions are connected to the message, Which Jesus Do You Choose? from Sunday, March 26, 2023. You can watch it here.
- Read Luke 23:1-25. Did you notice anything that you haven’t noticed before? What, from the sermon, was new or challenged you in some way? What, if anything, was uncomfortable?
- If you took the challenge to use the passion narrative (Luke 22-23) as a mirror to your soul, what did you notice? What did you learn? What might you need to unlearn?
- Engaging with the passion narrative reminds us of the lengths God will go to reveal God’s true self and undo any false perceptions we have. How do you engage with the story year after year? Are there new ways or practices that you have found helpful?
- The justice and peace that Jesus offers is messy and inconvenient. If you are a follower of Jesus, where is this reflected in your life?
- How do we speak truth to power in a way that is self-giving, even self-sacrificing?
- Where have we, personally and/or as The Church, been complicit in grabbing power or colluding with power?
- How do we inadvertently create Jesus in our own image, baptizing our desires in the name of Jesus (e.g. if you think Jesus dislikes the same people as you, votes like you, etc., then this might be an indication of this).