The Teaching Pastor Job Profile
Who We Are: Lakeside Church exists to help all people discover and fully follow Jesus. It’s as simple as that. It’s been part of our DNA since 1989 when 40 families had a vision that church should be a place of spiritual discovery and growth for those who are hungering after the meaning of life and may be in a season of exploration, as well as for those who already believe. We feel strongly about creating environments where faith is encouraged and doubts are okay. We are committed to helping people find freedom from brokenness. We love helping families, marriages, and relationships thrive. We care deeply about both physical and spiritual needs. And we fully believe that God calls all people to find a vibrant and flourishing life through Jesus.
Working at Lakeside: You’ll like it here if you like working as part of a team. We’re a diverse, creative, and energetic bunch. We’re a family of friendly, accessible and grace-filled people who share a genuine enthusiasm and excitement for the work we do. We offer a casual and supportive work environment with an endless supply of coffee and tea. We offer health benefits, a group retirement plan and flexible hours. We’re located on a 90-acre property by Guelph Lake with ample free parking and breathtaking views.
Who We Are Searching For: A Teaching Pastor who is a passionate and skilled communicator. You will be the primary teacher for Lakeside’s weekend services. With the heart of a shepherd, you will have a gift for sharing God’s truth, love and mercy, and you will see the Holy Spirit change how people think and live through your teaching and preaching. You will also oversee Lakeside’s adult and next generation ministries. Reporting to the Executive Pastor you will actively engage on the senior leadership team, which provides direction to all of Lakeside.
- Teaching and Planning.
- You will assume responsibility for approximately 80% of the weekend messages.
- Your messages will use Bible-based principles and applications that are relevant to those in our community that are far from God, and to followers of Jesus.
- You will lead and collaborate with the planning team to develop a yearly teaching plan.
- Through prayer and discernment, you will work with the planning team to coordinate and deliver the weekend services.
- Spiritual Growth.
- You will create a compelling environment for spiritual growth.
- You will be a motivator and leadership voice for both adult and next generation ministries.
- You will help focus Lakeside around its vision to be a community helping people discover and fully follow Jesus.
- Coaching and Mentoring
- You will model for the congregation: personal spiritual growth through a strong devotional life; healthy and authentic relationships with others; and active participation in a small group.
- You will help develop and inspire both staff and volunteers.
- You will actively engage on the senior leadership team, which provides direction to all of Lakeside.
- You will provide support and supervision to the Worship Pastor and the Growth Pastor.
- Proven track record as a dynamic Bible teacher
- A passion for people far from God
- Fervent prayer life
- Team player
- Strategic thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Undergraduate degree in biblical study or relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in same or similar position where there is clear evidence of effective message development and teaching.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email with the subject line, “Teaching Pastor” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakeside Church | 7654 Conservation Road, Guelph, ON N1H 6J1 | lakesidechurch.ca