The Youth Pastor is the driving force behind Lakeside’s Junior High (Grades 6-8) and Senior High (Grades 9-12) ministry. The Youth Pastor leads students to discover and fully follow Jesus, while equipping them to serve and grow the community and ministry of Lakeside Church.
- Disciple the youth into a personal relationship with God in both large and small group settings.
- Create an attractive and welcoming environment where the Lakeside Youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Lead and develop a strong worship culture within Lakeside Youth.
- Provide parents with continued support, education and training in the area of raising their youth.
- Coordinate curriculum for youth (Grades 6-12) and recruit leaders to assist with weekly teaching and mentoring.
- Connect with the youth in discovering their gifts and talents, while finding opportunities to use those gifts at Lakeside Church through serving.
- Challenge the youth to respond to the call of missions and serve not only in their own community, but globally.
- In collaboration with Lakeside Kids, assist in ensuring a smooth entry for new students into the youth program.
- Create post-secondary connections within and outside of Lakeside Church that facilitate next steps for graduating students.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Affinity for young people.
- A professional certification in youth ministry or 3+ years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with youth, parents, diverse individuals and a team of volunteers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, computer skills and proficiency with social media.
- Experience in youth worship culture an asset.
This is a full-time role with salary commensurate with experience. Employee benefit plan available. Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2019.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a two minute video clip (selfie video is fine) telling us about yourself.