These questions are connected to the message, Johanna’s Story, from Sunday, August 27, 2023. You can watch it here.
- Was there any part of Johanna’s story that brought out something in you, stood out to you, or made you feel uncomfortable? Even if you don’t have the same experiences, have you seen any of the feelings she gave voice to creep up in your own life?
- What words do you currently use to describe yourself? What words do you think God uses to describe you?
- When you think of your own story and your own experiences, how and where have you seen God move in the middle of your pain? Is it difficult to find those places or was/is it evident that God was/is working?
- Johanna said that recognizing and admitting that we’re not OK is often the first step in getting well. Is there a place in your life where you currently need healing? Or have you already walked through your own healing journey and found yourself on the other side? Share with your group if you’re comfortable, or journal about it.
- After hearing Johanna’s story, was there anything you sensed God saying to you?
- We all have a story. Have you ever reflected on your own story? Consider taking the time to write it out as a spiritual practice.