These questions are connected to the message, “Hell (Part 1),” from Sunday, April 3, 2022. You can watch it here.
- What could you identify with in today’s teaching?
- Have you ever been in a faith context where the threat of hell or the “If you died tonight …?” question was used as an evangelistic tool?
- What about today’s teaching was challenging or uncomfortable for you?
- If this is a view that is essential to your faith, why is it essential? What is at stake to hold it or let it go?
- How do we reconcile Eternal Conscious Torment with Jesus, particularly Jesus on the cross?
- Consider: What is the “good news?”
Digging Deeper: Read Matthew 25:31-46 carefully.
- What “qualified” those on Jesus’ right to be blessed?
- What disqualified those on the left?
- What was the difference in belief systems between those on his right and those on his left?