These questions are connected to the message, Robyn’s Story, from Sunday, July 2, 2023. You can watch it here.
- Was there anything in Robyn’s story that you identified with? Are there echoes of her story within your own? Discuss those or journal about them.
- Robyn mentioned a verse from Isaiah that spoke to her in a specific way at a specific time. Have you ever had a scripture that you felt was speaking to you in a particular situation or time?
- Has there been a time when you felt disappointed by or alienated from your faith community? Describe that experience and how you navigated it.
- Have you ever experienced a moment in your life where the scriptures and beliefs that you held were challenged by life experiences?
- Have you experienced a time where you had to hide your true self, beliefs, or parts of your story in a faith community?
- Would you consider your faith to be static or evolving? Does exploring different views of biblical texts feel freeing or daunting to you?
- Have you ever written or shared your story? Consider taking time to do that this week. What events, people, or communities impacted you and in what ways? How has your story made you who you are today? Consider sharing your stories in your group.