These questions are connected to the message, Flipping the Tables, from Sunday, May 28, 2023. You can watch it here.
- Imagine the scene from Luke 19:44-48. How do you see it playing out? What are some things you notice?
- Marc said this passage would make us feel uncomfortable. In what ways did this passage make you feel uncomfortable?
- When you review the message from Sunday, what are some takeaways that cause you to pause and reflect personally? Share them if you are meeting with a group or journal if you are doing these questions on your own.
- What are some faith practices you do out of obligation/habit, that if you’re honest you realize they don’t draw you closer to an experience of God? What are some different ways of connecting with God that you could try this week? Some examples: Watch the sunrise, walk in the woods, gaze at the stars, read poetry, write a psalm/prayer to God, etc.
- What are some ways that you have witnessed or experienced religious beliefs getting in the way of people experiencing the love of Jesus?