These questions are connected to the message, Blind Spots, from Sunday, Jan. 22, 2023. You can watch it here.
- What encouraged you, challenged you, or confused you about this passage/message?
- If you grew up in the church, what rules did your family hold onto? Do you see a disconnect today, looking back on it?
- Robyn said, “The people of God were to live in contradiction to the norm.” Where do you see this in your life? Where do you live in contradiction to the norm? Where do you not live in contradiction that you might need to?
- What do you value most? What values do you hold that are out of sync with Jesus?
- Discuss this quote by Jim Wallis: “To offer forgiveness of sins but leave out the message of the Kingdom is to be unfaithful to the gospel.” (Robyn defined sin as “the condition we’re in, not just the things we do.:) How does this align or not align with your understanding of sin?
- Take some time to pray and ask God what blind spots you have in your life.