These questions are connected to the message, Never Feeling Good Enough from Sunday, May 7, 2023. You can watch it here.
- What did you find challenging, encouraging, or thought-provoking about this message?
- If you’re a Jesus follower, have you ever felt like a failure when you think of all the ways you fall short?
- Have you ever felt like Jesus was asking you to do something that felt so contrary to the way you live your life? Share with your group or journal about it.
- Service and sacrifice, born out of transformation, are the currency of the Kingdom of God. Where are you spending wisely and where might you need to surrender more?
- How different might the story in Luke have ended if the rich man had just said to Jesus, “I can’t give up all my money; can you help me?” Put yourself in this story … Is there something that’s got a grip on your heart? Are you struggling with something that feels impossible to let go of or impossible to do? What could it look like to ask God for help?
- Why do you think Jesus only referenced the commandments that address people-to-people relations and not the ones that address people-to-God relations? What implications can you draw from this?