These questions are connected to the message, How to Hear God’s Voice: Community, from Sunday, Oct. 22, 2023. You can watch it here.
- How long have you been in a faith community and what has been your experience with that? Positive? Negative?
- There are five spiritual traumas (control, consequences, compliance, codependency, cultural) that we can experience in our faith settings. Have you experienced any of these? If so, share your experience with your group (or someone you trust) if you feel comfortable, or journal about it if you are going through these questions on your own.
- Marc said it is impossible to argue for a Christian faith without community. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss or journal.
- When we consider that the concept of God revealed to us is one of community (Trinity), what does that tell us about the essentialness of human community?
- Marc highlighted some of the ways God speaks to us through community (prophecy, comfort, encouragement, etc.). What are ways that God has spoken to you through your faith community?